Contact us

Whether you're new to us or already with us and on a debt solution, here are our phone numbers if you'd like to speak with one of our advisors.

Debt advice

New to us? Get expert debt advice. Don't forget to use our budget form to gather your information before calling. 

A debt advice call takes around 40 minutes to complete.

0800 138 1111

Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-4pm

Debt management plan (DMP) or token payment plan (TPP)

Help setting up your DMP or TPP

0300 303 7037

Mon-Fri 8am-6pm
Support and review of your DMP or TPP

0300 303 5300

Mon-Fri 8am-6pm

Equity release & mortgages

Advice and information on equity release and mortgages from our Financial Solutions team.

0808 168 6719

Mon-Fri 9am-5pm

Debt payment programme (DPP)

Get help setting up your DPP, advice during your programme, including changes in your income, creditor support and annuals reviews
Scottish clients

0800 652 7491

Mon-Fri 8am-6pm

Sequestration and MAP bankruptcy

Get help completing your sequestration or MAP bankruptcy application form, including evidence to support the application, or if your circumstances have changed.
Scottish clients

0800 652 7491

Mon-Fri 8am-6pm

Want to settle your debts?

You have a lump sum of money to pay towards your debt.

0300 303 2469

Mon-Fri 9am-5pm

No solution in place?

Contact us to update your budget and/or debts, for further advice if your circumstances have changed, or for advice on creditors or court papers.

0300 303 5666

Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-4pm


If you'd like to know about our call costs, find out how much it costs to call us.

Want to email us?

If you'd prefer not to call us, send us a message now.

Write to us

StepChange Debt Charity

Wade House

Merrion Centre



How will you contact me?

We'll contact you in the ways you ask us to when you've spoken to us. We never use WhatsApp or similar apps to get in touch, so if you see a message claiming to be us - it's not. If you receive anything suspicious, get in touch with us using the details above.

Can I contact you if I live outside the UK?

We can only give advice and offer debt solutions to clients living in the UK in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland or clients from the UK living abroad on a short-term basis.

If you’re living abroad on a short term basis you must fit all of the following criteria for us to be able to advise you:

  • You’ve lived in the UK in the last 3 years
  • Your debts were incurred in the UK
  • You access your money from a UK bank account and/or you are returning to the UK within the next 12 months

If your situation fits all of these criteria then please call us on 0044 113 297 0126.

You can get help with debts in the Republic of Ireland by contacting our telephone advice service, StepChange Debt Charity Ireland

Can I contact you if I am hearing or speech impaired?

If you're hearing or speech impaired you can contact us using the Next Generation Text Service (NGTS). This replaces the older Type Talk service and lets you communicate using your computer, smartphone app or through a telephone relay assistant.

To find out more about how to use the service please visit the NGTS website.

Can I contact you if I'm self-employed?

If you’re self-employed and looking for help with your debts, please contact Business Debtline for free, specialised advice.

Make a complaint

We always try to provide the very best possible service. So if you're unhappy in any way we'd like the opportunity to try and put things right.

Visit our complaints page to find out how to get in touch.