We want to create a society free from problem debt.
We won’t achieve it on our own, but by raising awareness of the issues surrounding debt in the UK and building on the vital work that we have done over the last 20 years, we will help to overcome the massive problems that debt presents in the 21st century.
Over the last two decades, our service has grown massively. From the introduction of debt management plans, to the pioneering use of cognitive behavioural therapy to help with debt-related stress in our Wellbeing tool, we have shown the quality of client care that sets the standard.
We want to be recognised as the most trusted provider of free debt advice and solutions. We will continue to be the champion of all that is best in debt advice and debt management.
We are changing our name. But more importantly, we are changing lives. The value of what we do can never be underestimated. Problem debt causes untold distress to individuals, but the damage goes much further – ruining homes, wrecking families and affecting whole communities. Our interventions have helped transform the lives of millions. And we are committed to helping millions more.
What we promise our clients:
- Our advice is free, confidential and impartial.
- We know debt, so our clients can be sure we’ll provide impartial debt advice and the right practical solution.
- Where appropriate, we support clients’ repayment of their debts through a sustainable, managed plan.
- Where a repayment plan has been set up, we provide aftercare and support to each client through dedicated guidance teams.
- We are a charity and conduct ourselves according to the rules and governing principles of the Charity Commission of England and Wales and the Scottish Charity Commission.
- We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.